NOKOMIS (Heartland Newsfeed) — The Central Illinois COUNTRY Financial® representatives are offering ten $2,000 scholarships to college-bound students in the area. Students who graduated, or will graduate from Sangamon, Menard, Macoupin, Montgomery, Cass, Morgan and Greene county high schools have the opportunity to apply for the COUNTRY Financial Community Scholarship.
More information about the COUNTRY Financial Community Scholarship and other scholarships offered through the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln can be found now through December 31, 2017 at: http://www.cfll.org/Home.aspx
Students may begin applying for the COUNTRY Financial Community Scholarship on January 1st, 2018 until February 28, 2018. To apply, visit: https://representatives.countryfinancial.com/nathan.clementz/
- Be a graduate of a high school in Sangamon, Menard, Macoupin, Montgomery, Cass, Morgan and Greene counties
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a non-weighted 4.0 scale
- Be an extraordinary example of service to others and to the community
- Will be a full-time student in the coming academic year at an accredited, nonprofit, public/private college/university, or vocational/technical institution, with no limitation as to the location of that institution
- Must be a 1st – 4th year college student in the fall of 2018
Jake Leonard, a broadcast media and journalism veteran, is the editor-in-chief of Heartland Newsfeed. Leonard is also GM and program director of Heartland Newsfeed Radio Network, wrestling editor and contributing writer for Ambush Sports, a contributing writer for My Sports Vote and Midwest Sports Network, and a former contributor to Bleacher Report and Overtime Heroics. He resides at home in Nokomis, Ill. with his dog Buster.