TAYLORVILLE — The following has been reported by the Taylorville Police Department for the period of November 18 to December 2, 2023 and are as follows:
- November 22: Derik W. Steck, 34, Taylorville, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Jess M. Jones, 30, Buffalo, was arrested for domestic battery.
- November 23: Jason D. Lindsey, 48, Taylorville, was arrested for theft.
- November 24: Charles R. Lair Jr., 27, Taylorville, was arrested on a warrant and for theft. Danny M. Taylor, 56, Taylorville, was arrested for domestic battery.
- November 25: Maria D. Gibbs, 56, Taylorville, was arrested for criminal property damage. Anthony M. Pakovich, 40, Taylorville, was arrested for violation of an order of protection.
- November 26: Ashley E. Pults, 42, Taylorville, was arrested for aggravated arson.
- December 2: Rodderick L. Campbell, 32, of Springfield was arrested for DUI Cannabis and Driving While License Revoked.
- November 18: Judson W. Perkins of Kincaid was traveling east on W. Spresser Street and stopped at the traffic light at the intersection of N. Webster St. Megan R. Goodall of Taylorville approached from the rear and failed to yield, striking the rear bumper of the Perkins vehicle. Goodall was issued a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. No injuries were reported and no towing was required for either vehicle.
- November 22: Sophia M. Wade of Stonington was heading North on Madison Street and disobeyed the yield sign at the intersection of Main Cross. Robert E. DeClerck of Taylorville was heading West on Main Cross and was struck by Wade’s vehicle. Wade was assured a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. No injuries were reported and Wade’s vehicle was towed from the scene.
- November 26: Matthew J. Mosely of Pana was driving a vehicle owned by the United States Postal Service. Mostly stated he was on the side of the road with his hazard lights on. Kevin L. Brookens of Taylorville stated he saw the vehicle stop alongside the road and proceeded to pass it when the vehicle turned into him. Mostly stated he was alongside the road and then went to make a westward turn onto W. Pauline Street and did not see the other vehicle coming around him. Neither driver was issued a citation at the scene.
- November 28: Jeremy L. Alwerdt of Taylorville was traveling South on Webster St. and Daryll M. Beaman of Taylorville was traveling West on Market St. Alwerdt dropped something and tried to retrieve it from the floorboard and did not see the four-way intersection. Beaman was already stopped at the stop sign and had entered the intersection when Alwerdt struck the vehicle. Beaman reported minor injuries and was transported to Taylorville Memorial Hospital. Beaman’s vehicle was towed from the scene.
- November 29: Jaime Hardin and Jody L. Hodson, both of Taylorville, were involved in an accident. A witness, Lacy Suslee, stated Hodson was stopped at a stop sign and proceeded into the intersection. Hardin yielded at the stop sign and proceeded with Hodson still in the intersection striking it in the rear passenger side. Another witness, Orville Harris stated Hardin stopped at the stop sign and proceeded into the intersection striking Hodson. Hardin failed to stay at the location of the accident and was issued a citation for failure to give information after a traffic crash.
- November 29: Sarah D. McNeely and Whitney L. McCalister, both of Taylorville were involved in an accident at the intersection of W. Main Cross and Shumway Streets in Taylorville at approximately 6:14 p.m. When the officer arrived on the scene, McCalister advised they were stopped at a four-way intersection and waited for a vehicle in front of McNeely to proceed through the intersection. After the intersection was clear, McCalister proceeded eastbound on Main Cross St. At the same time, McNeely proceeded to turn right heading eastbound after heading northbound on Shumway St. McNeely’s front driver-side collided with McCalister’s passenger side. McNeely was issued a citation for failure to yield to the right of way.