TAYLORVILLE — Published court appearances reflect the daily 10:00 a.m. criminal call and do not necessarily account for all felony proceedings heard that day. Christian County Resident Judge Brad Paisley presided over the following cases which were heard on Oct. 10, 2023:
- Nathan D. Baker, 23CF45, domestic battery, had pre-trial detention hearing, was continued until Oct. 16, 2023.
- Pre-trial for a petition to revoke probation for Alex M. Collingwood, 18CF275, domestic battery, was continued until Dec. 14, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.
- Anthony S. Delgado, 20CF227, theft less than $500 and 20CF225, theft of merchandise less than $300, had status hearing and preliminary hearing was set for Nov. 16, 2023 in both cases.
- Pre-trial for Michael E. Durbin, 23CF113, possession of a stolen firearm and felon use/possession of a firearm, was continued until Oct. 13, 2023 for presentation of possible plea agreement.
- Brandie L. Jordan, 22CF224, aggravated battery of a peace officer and 22CF163, disorderly conduct/filing false report and resisting peace officer, had status hearings on preliminary hearing continued until Oct. 31, 2023.
- Status hearing for Jason L. Leach, 23CF24, forgery, was continued until Oct. 30, 2023.
- Rex D. Pruitt, 23CF110, criminal damage to property between $500 and $10,000, had a preliminary hearing and probable cause was found. The defendant waived formal arraignment and pled not guilty. Pre-trial is Dec. 14, 2023.
- Alexis A. Whitcomb, 22CF45, burglary, retail theft of merchandise over $300, and possession of a controlled substance, had a preliminary hearing set for Nov. 28, 2023.
Published Court appearances reflect the daily 10:00 a.m. criminal call and do not necessarily account for all felony proceedings heard that day. Christian County Resident Judge Joshua Morrison from the Fourth Judicial Circuit presided over the following cases, which were heard on October 12, 2023:
- Jeremy T. Stark, 22CF201. (Two counts for aggravated battery in a public place; criminal damage in an amount ranging between $10l-$100k.) The status hearing was rescheduled for November 16, 2023.
- Kayla M. Durbin, 23CF75. (Delivery of five or less grams of meth.) A status hearing was held today for the update of treatment and another status hearing is scheduled for January 4, 2023.
- Jahquel D. Pearsall, 23CF18. (Burglary/ charge amended or reduced; burglary without causing damage.) Pre-trial has been forwarded to November 16, 2023.
- Dustin L. Durbin, 20CF106, 20CF175, 20CF266. (Two counts for possession of less than five grams of meth; theft with intent to control property worth between $500 to $10k.) A pre-trial hearing regarding a possible plea deal will be heard on November 30, 2023.
- Kasey J. Fitzgerald, 22CF252. (Possession of a controlled substance; obtaining the substance by committing fraud.) The defendant entered a negotiated plea today. The defendant pleas guilty to possession of a controlled substance and the charge for fraud will be waived by motion of the state. The defendant will serve twenty-four months of probation with conditions and will pay $130 a month for the fines.
- James G. Tirpak, Jr. 22CF80. (Criminal sexual assault of a family member who is under the age of eighteen.) The pre-trial has been forwarded to November 16, 2023.
- Caleb J. Reber, 23CF152. (Five counts for delivering five or fewer grams of meth/ one count dismissed by motion of the state.) The preliminary hearing for case 23CF152 was heard today. The court found probable cause for the charges and a status hearing was scheduled for Oct. 23, 2023.
All individuals have been arrested and charged. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty.