— Student registration for the 2022-23 academic year in the Meridian school district is underway.
Online registration for current district students began on Monday, July 18.
Students new to the district will be able to register beginning on Tuesday, August 2. In-person registration for returning students without Internet access will be able to register beginning on Thursday, August 4. The registration times will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on August 2 and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on August 4 at all district campuses.
Certified copy of a birth certificate
Illinois state law requires all Kindergarten students, as well as new and transfer students, to present a copy of their birth certificate to the district upon registration. This can be acquired from the county clerk where the student was born.
Students entering Kindergarten, sixth grade, and becoming high school freshmen must submit a physical examination and schedule of immunizations before entering school. The rule also applies to transfer students.
Immunization records and dates must be attached with the physical examination.
Illinois state law requires a physical examination from a licensed physician in the state of Illinois. Examination forms must be remitted to the district upon registration of students.
Dental and eye examinations
Illinois state law requires all Kindergarten, second grade, and sixth grade students to have a dental exam on file. While it is not a requirement prior to registration, the district must have a record by October 31.
Kindergarten students and transfer students new to Illinois must have an eye examination. The exam must be with an optometrist that performs eye examinations. Exam forms must be remitted prior to October 15.
Dental and eye examination forms are available from the Illinois Department of Public Health
Meridian district fees
The following is a list of registration, technology, activity, and miscellaneous fees for the Meridian school district for the 2022-23 academic year:
Registration, textbook, and technology fees
- There are no registration/textbook fees for the 2022-23 academic year due to a fee waiver. The registration/textbook fee is normally $85 for Kindergarten through fifth grade and $85 from sixth grade through high school seniors.
- There is no technology fee for the 2022-23 academic year due to a fee waiver. That fee is usually $50 for fourth and fifth grades and $75 for sixth grade through high school seniors.
Breakfast and lunch fees
Applications for free and reduced meals are available on the Meridian Schools website.
- Breakfast: All grades $1.50, adults $1.75
- Lunch: K-5 $2.85, 6-HS Seniors $3.05, adults $3.35
- Extra milk: 30 cents
- Athletic participation fee: $50 per sport, maximum $150 per family
- Gate fees: Freshman events — $2 adult, $1 students and senior citizen; Varsity events — $4 adult, $3 student, $1 senior citizen; Middle school events — $3 adult, $2 student, $1 senior citizen
- Athletic family pass: $75
Meridian High School fees
- Driver’s education fee: $150
- High school parking fee: $25
All fees, including lunch fees, are payable via the Meridian Schools website.
Nothing special. We cover news items that don't necessarily require an author.