Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
A part of Colgate-Palmolive since 1976, Hill’s Pet Nutrition offers the highest-quality pet nutrition available through product lines Prescription Diet and Science Diet . Veterinarians worldwide recommend and feed their own pets Hill’s products more than any other brand of pet food.
Available in approximately 80 countries around the world, our extensive line of products includes more than 60 Prescription Diet brand pet foods and more than 50 Science Diet brand pet foods.
We believe all animals should be loved and cared for during their lifetimes. That is why we are proud our pet foods can make a difference in your pet’s life.
A career at Hill s Pet Nutrition or Colgate-Palmolive is an excellent opportunity if you seek a global experience, constant challenge, and development opportunities in an environment that respects work/life effectiveness.
Job Title: Maintenance Team Leader
Travel Required?: Travel – up to 10% of time
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 149766 – Richmond, Indiana, United States
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets!
At Hill s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people.
Join our amazing team in Richmond, Indiana and contribute to change the lives of millions of pets around the world.
Maintenance Team Leader
This position manages the daily activities of the Maintenance department for the plant. Work activities include leading the team on electrical and mechanical trouble-shooting and repairs, preparing and managing the department budget, implementing preventative and predictive maintenance programs, coordinating the Maintenance Stores area, Project Maintenance work activities and select capital improvements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and execute a maintenance strategy consistent with FP&R initiatives: tracking utilization via SAP PM/EAM, coordinate CI projects, lead planned maintenance optimization (PMO) program including failure mode and effect analysis (FEMA) and reliability centered maintenance (RCM), fully develop lubrication program, etc.
- Manage the maintenance team, schedules, performance and accountability. Identify individual training needs and work to create development plans. Maintain technician certification packets and process. Frequently communicate to the team.
- Coordinate activities of the area specific Maintenance Planners to ensure materials and resources are readily available for work and prioritized. Works with the storeroom coordinator to maintain parts management. Directly/Indirectly leads daily Technical Meeting.
- Prepare, submit, and manage maintenance expense budget line items
- Support capital improvement projects as needed.
- Develop programs to comply with electrical and facilities regulatory requirements (examples: grounding programs and maintenance shop cGMPs).
- Understand and comply with Hill s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identify and report Food Safety issues to management. Completes necessary training, monthly learnings and audits.
Minimum education and experience requirements to suceed in this position:
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 1 year maintenance supervisor or Project management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Coaching and feedback skills required in a high performance work systems environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and manage in ambiguous situations with a sense of urgency.
- Working knowledge of GMPs/OSHA Regulations
- Working knowledge of PLC, instrumentation electronics, and maintenance repair techniques
- Developing and Maintaining of Budget for department
Highly desirable but not exlcluyent:
- Bachelor degree in Automation or Controls Engineering
- Prior knowledge/experience with SAP Purchasing and Work Order System
Does your profile match? please apply we are looking forward to meet you!
Salary Range $68,800 – $113,400 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits packages.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S Prescription Diet therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S Science Diet and HILL’S Ideal Balance wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit and , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact …@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.