— The Orr Agricultural Center
is hosting Agronomy Field Day on Wednesday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Presentation topics include:
- Red Crown Rot of Soybean: A New Disease to the Region (presentation by Dr. Carl Bradley)
- Weed Management in Early Planted Soybean (presentation by Logan Miller and Dr. Aaron Hager)
- Issues with the 2022 Corn and Soybean Crops (presentation by Dr. Emerson Nafziger)
- An Early Look at Farm Returns and Decisions for 2023 (presentation by Dr. Gary Schnitkey)
- Insect Management Update: Above Ground Bt Traits and Soybean Insecticides (presentation by Dr. Nick Seiter)
The event will start in the University of Illinois
Orr Crop Science shop. Wagon tours of the facility will start at 9 a.m. Presentations will be outdoors through plot tours on the farm.
If there is a forecast for extreme heat, the event will move indoors.
Audience questions and discussion are welcome. A meal will be provided following the tour.
CEUs for CCAs will also be available.
U of I Orr Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center is located approximately four miles northwest of Perry at 37804 State Hwy 104 in Baylis.
To register for the Agronomy Field Day, please RSVP with Luke Merritt via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling (217) 236-4911.