The following incidents were reported by the Pana Police
Department in the month of September. Any charges are merely accusations, not findings of guilt.
Pana Police Department reports: September 2021
• THEFT: Christopher Jones reported the theft of a silver/orange BCA mountain bike. It was taken sometime between the evening of August 31 and early morning of September 1.
• THEFT: A complainant reported the theft of a tan 1998 Buick LeSabre. It was later located in Fayette County on September 6 and was being processed the Crime Scene Services division of the Illinois State Police.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Andrew McDonald of Pana received two citations at 4th and Poplar Streets for driving while license suspended and operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
• PROPERTY DAMAGE: A complainant reported property damage to her 1995 GMC pickup truck. An unknown person removed the catalytic converter from the vehicle between September 2 after midnight and 10:53 a.m. on September 3.
• WARRANT ARREST: Brooke King of Pana was arrested on an active Christian County warrant for failing to appear on a court protection order violation. The bond was $30,000 with 10 percent to apply. King was transported to Christian County Correctional Center in lieu of bond.
• TRAFFIC STOP: A speeding citation for driving 45 in a 30 MPH speed zone was issued to Grant Lynch following a traffic stop at 6th Street and Fairgrounds Road.
• DOMESTIC BATTERY: A complainant reported an incident of aggravated domestic battery, which led to the arrest of Zachary Lebon of Pana. Lebon was transported to Christian County Correctional Center without bond.
• WARRANT ARREST: Nikki Snow of Pana was arrested on an active Christian County warrant for failing to appear on larceny charges. Snow was unable to post 10 percent of a $15,000 bond and was transported to Christian County Correctional Center in lieu of bond.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Danielle Warcup of Taylorville was issued a citation for improper use of an electronic communication device as a result of a traffic stop at Poplar and Washington Streets.
• THEFT: Chris Williams reported the theft of metal roofing material from 511 S. State Street. Witness statements reveal the theft took place between the evening of September 5 and early morning hours of September 6.
• THEFT: Jeff Moreland reported the theft of an 18-speed Roadmaster bicycle from an unlocked shed.
• THEFT: A 17-year-old reported the theft of several tools from a vehicle parked at his residence.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Rickie Ginger of Pana was cited for having an excessively loud muffler.
• PROPERTY DAMAGE/THEFT: Kip Horton reported damage to a privacy fence and items missing from the backyard.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Jaynen Kates was issued a citation for driving without valid insurance following a traffic stop.
• DOMESTIC BATTERY: Pana PD was contacted regarding a domestic battery incident.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Anthony Kennison of Pana was issued a citation for having an excessively loud muffler.
• ORDINANCE VIOLATION: An incident surrounding a dog running at large resulted in the dog aggressively attacking small kittens in the neighborhood of N. Dodson Road. Upon further investigation, William Thomas was issued ordinance citations for dog running at large and failure to inoculate his dog. A potential hearing is to be schedule on whether or not Thomas’ dog is deemed vicious, which may result in the dog being euthanized.
• WARRANT ARREST: Aimee Miller was arrested on an active Christian County warrant for failing to appear on a driving while license suspended charge. Miller was transported to Christian County Correctional Center.
• THEFT: A theft of a bicycle was reported from 202 S. Poplar Street between midnight and 5 a.m. on September 12.
• DOMESTIC BATTERY: A report of a domestic dispute was made to police. Following an on-site investigation, Megan Parker was arrested on charges of domestic battery and transported to Christian County Correctional Center.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Tyler Engelhart was arrested on charges of driving without a valid driver’s license following a traffic stop and later released with a court date.
• TRAFFIC STOP: A 17-year-old female from Tower Hill was stopped on Illinois Route 16 and cited for speeding 77 in a 45 MPH speed zone.
• TRAFFIC STOP: John Gibbons of Taylorville was stopped in rural Pana and cited for speeding 65 in a 45 MPH speed zone.
• WARRANT ARREST: Matthew Burrus was arrested on an active Christian County warrant for failing to appear on a charge of chemical breakdown of dangerous drugs. Burrus was able to post cash bond and was released.
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT: A complaint of disorderly conduct was filed, stemming from a September 4 incident. The complainant reported that Daniel Alumbaugh threatened to damage property owned by an elderly individual during a phone conversation.
• WARRANT ARREST: Devon Gatons was taken into custody without incident on an active Christian County warrant for failing to appear on a fraud charge. Gatons was transported to Christian County Correctional Center in lieu of bond.
• THEFT: Gregg Miller reported the theft of his 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt from 719 E. Jackson Street. The vehicle had been at the location for several months and was inoperable.
• TRAFFIC STOP/WARRANT ARREST: Colby Coleman fled from police while attempting to conduct a traffic stop. When captured, charges of aggravated fleeing/eluding police, disobeying a stop sign, and failure to signal were filed. Coleman was also wanted on an active outstanding warrant.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Rebecca Moore was cited for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle as a result of a traffic stop at Walnut and Washington Streets.
• THEFT: Stephanie Jenkins reported the theft of multiple items from the backyard of her home at 707 E. Jefferson Street, including two bicycles and a push mower.
• ASSAULT/BATTERY: Police responded to an altercation between two males at 1 W. 2nd Street. During the investigation, police were not provided with information or a request to pursue charges against one of the males involved. The second male fled the scene. The individual who spoke to police declined medical treatment and did not want to pursue charges. Police later learned the subject received medical treatment for injuries received to the back of the head during the altercation.
• THEFT: A report of a stolen catalytic converter by Pana CUSD #8 was made to police. An unknown person removed the converter from a bus that was parked outside. Those with information may contact Crime Stoppers of Christian County or Pana Police Department.
• TRAFFIC STOP: Dillon Washburn of Pana was issued a citation for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle following a traffic stop at Washington and Hickory Streets.
• RECKLESS DRIVING: Police are investigating a report of reckless driving/squealing of tires near 7th and Hickory Streets.
• HARASSMENT: Joshua Hicks reported that he received threats through electronic means. Information was forwarded to the Christian County State’s Attorney’s office for review of possible charges.
• HARASSMENT: Taylor Brown reported an incident of receiving electronic harassment from a juvenile subject.
• THEFT: Sarah Allen reported the theft of her 1998 Dodge truck from Lake Lawn Inn between midnight and 8 a.m. on September 22. On September 24, the stolen vehicle as found parked, unoccupied, and secured at 910 E. Second Street.
• FRAUD: Britany Swiney reported a fraudulent transaction from her checking account at First National Bank of Pana. The incident occurred August 20.
• WARRANT ARREST: Christopher Salazar of Pana was arrested on an active Christian County warrant for failing to appear on a meth possession charge. Salazar posted cash bond and was later released.
• THEFT: $81.69 in gasoline was pumped into a vehicle at Shasteen’s Marathon, 703 E. Jackson Street, and fled from the scene without paying.
• PROPERTY DAMAGE: Jacoby Manuel reported damage on his 2018 Hyundai while driving westbound on Main Street at Locust Street. A defect in the road caused his vehicle to make contact with the road, damaging the front bumper of his vehicle.
• TRESPASSING: A complaint was signed against a 53-year-old male subject for trespassing and disorderly conduct. A report was forwarded to the Christian County State’s Attorney.
• BATTERY: An 18-year-old female reported being battered by a 28-year-old male. Upon further investigation, Brandon Bracco was arrested on battery charges.
• THEFT: A burglary complaint resulted in police responding to 1000 E. 3rd Street. Reported stolen were a Milwaukee impact wrench, cordless drill with two batteries, and a Hyper Tech cordless drill. The theft occurred between 5:15 p.m. on September 27 and 9 a.m. on September 28.
• BATTERY: A battery complaint was reported as the result of a dispute. Ryan Tarrant was arrested following further investigation on battery charges. Tarrant was processed and released with a notice to appear in court November 1.
Nothing special. We cover news items that don't necessarily require an author.