PANA — Pana Police Department reports the following items on their police blotter between the dates of August 21 and August 31. Note that arrests and charges are allegations only, not findings of guilt.
• Christopher W. Litaker of Altamont was issued a citation following a traffic stop at West 2nd and Wells streets for improper use of an electronic communication device.
• Shannon L. Jones of Herrick was issued a speeding citation for driving 64 in a 45 MPH speed zone. Jones was issued a September 24 court date.
• Brandon M. Stone of Pana was issued a citation for driving while license suspended following a traffic stop on the 300 block of East 3rd Street.
• Robbie Gatons was arrested on an active Shelby County warrant for failing to appear on a traffic offense. Gatons was transported to Shelby County Correctional Center in lieu of bond.
• A 26-year-old female reported the violation of a protection order by a 26-year-old male. A report is being forwarded to the Christian County State’s Attorney for review of charges.
• Police was notified of damage to the front door of a building located at 203 N. Poplar Street. Pana Police is investigating the incident.
• A male victim reported the theft of his bicycle from 1 S. Poplar Street. A male subject was identified in the case, and the case remains under investigation.
• Stephanie N. Jenkins was cited for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle and was issued a September 27 court date.
• Colby D. Coleman of Pana was stopped at 2500 East 320 North Road for disobeying a stop sign on a bike with a motor. Coleman was cited for disobeying a stop sign and arrested on an active Montgomery County warrant for failing to appear on a driving while license suspended charge.
• JV Holdinger LLC received an ordinance violation citation for unclean and unsafe property in relation to the property’s condition at 401 E. 1st Street.
• Darrell Thompson reported the theft of a catalytic converter from his RV parked at a residence on East 2nd Street. The case is under investigation.
• Julie Davis reported damage to her Husqvarna riding mower parked in the 200 block of S. Poplar Street. The case is under investigation.
• Pana Police assisted the Taylorville Police Department in securing the arrest of Tawana Hall of Pana. Video evidence revealed by TPD shows Hall taking a phone from the gaming area of Mach 1 Convenience Store. Hall was transported to Christian County Correctional Center where she was processed.
• A complainant reported an incident of fraud. The case is under investigation.
• Amy Merrifield was arrested on an active warrant from the Illinois Department of Corrections. Merrifield was transported to Christian County Correctional Center.
• Robert L. Mitchell of Decatur received citations for driving without a valid license and illegal transportation of alcohol.
• Singh Properties LLC received a city ordinance violation citation for a noncompliance application provided for the property at 312 S. Poplar Street.
• TKG Management received a city ordinance violation citation for a noncompliance application provided for the property at 10 W. 2nd Street.
• Jeffrey Miles received a city ordinance violation citation for a noncompliance application provided for the property at 144 S. Locust Street.
• Two subjects were arrested at Spring Garden Restaurant on active Shelby County warrants. Charles W. Baker of Pana was arrested for failing to appear on a driving while license suspended charge. Baker’s warrant carried a $2,500 bond with 10 percent to apply with a $75 failure-to-appear (FTA) fee attachment. Richard C. Holbrook, also of Pana, was arrested for failing to appear on a possession of a stolen vehicle charge. Holbrook’s warrant carried a $5,000 bond with 10 percent to apply and a $75 FTA fee attachment. Both were transported to Shelby County Correctional Center.
• Eliza Coleman of Pana was issued a citation for improper use of an electronic communication device following a traffic stop at N. State and E. Washington streets
• Police took a report of a stolen bicycle from the residence of 2 W. 4th Street. The case is under investigation.
• Mariah L. Cothern of Pana was issued a speeding citation for driving 50 in a 35 MPH speed zone.
• Police received a trespassing complaint from Gladys Stivers against her neighbor. The case is under investigation
• Police responded to a report of retail theft from Dollar General, 10 S. Poplar Street. Ashley N. Beaman was located after fleeing from the scene and arrested for retail theft.
• Chad McKittrick reported the theft of his cellular phone. The incident occurred on August 27 in the 300 block of S. State Street. The case is under investigation.
Jake Leonard, a broadcast media and journalism veteran, is the editor-in-chief of Heartland Newsfeed. Leonard is also GM and program director of Heartland Newsfeed Radio Network, wrestling editor and contributing writer for Ambush Sports, a contributing writer for My Sports Vote and Midwest Sports Network, and a former contributor to Bleacher Report and Overtime Heroics. He resides at home in Nokomis, Ill. with his dog Buster.