*This is a union position with a set hourly pay rate of $36.00
Location:* Remote/Travel (Work remotely from your state)
*Department:* SE GP TO SV NA US OPS FLD
*Job Grade:* 94 T30
*Mode of Employment:* Permanent / Full-time
*A Snapshot of Your Day*
As a part of our team, you will be responsible for the environmentally safe performance of field service projects, with direct supervision. You will execute technical field assignments involving the assembly, installation, modification, test, inspection, service and/or repair of distribution and power transformers. You may recommend measures to improve field service operations and customer service. In addition, you may be assigned other work, individually, or as part of a larger electrical substation / power plant project.
*Transmission Business at Siemens Energy *
We offer our customers products, solutions, and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
*[Check out this video](https://assets.siemens-energy.com/siemens/assets/api/uuid:c3873533-5fcd-4b02-b578-d22f32868b96/SE-Blue-Portfolio-Transmission-Trailer-MP4-720p-6mbit.mp4)* to see what we do!
*How You’ll Make an Impact.*
* Perform complex transformer field service operations that require above average technical skills.
* Troubleshoot and repair transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
* Communicate clearly and professionally, (written and/or verbal), regarding project scope, safety reviews (i.e. tailgate meetings), security or environmental incidents, safety violations or near misses.
* Perform tasks associated with regasketing of transformers, assist in cutting new gaskets/o-rings as needed as well as perform receipt inspections unassisted by others
* Perform repairs and maintenance on oil processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
* Maintain safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform repairs and maintenance of processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned
*What You Bring.*
* High School diploma, GED or technical vocational or apprenticeship training, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers / transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry
* Very good level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V – 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV – 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV – 800 kV)
* Requires good communications skills and ability to follow verbal/written instruction.
* Good time management skills
* CDL is Preferred
* Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
*Who is Siemens Energy?*
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
* Siemens offers tuition reimbursement, empowering employees to develop their skills, education and personal growth giving them the tools needed to expand their horizons within the company.
* Siemens promotes continual learning by offering access to the Learn@Siemens platform. Learn@Siemens offers both in-person and virtual courses ranging from technical instruction to leadership skills.
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity,