This position can be anywhere in the United States.
– Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new business Group Medicare Advantage opportunities.
– Serves as a consultant for field sales and account management on strategic large employer groups.
– Calculates complex prospective group rates using solid product knowledge and underwriting protocols.
– Diagnoses product offering situations and makes strategic recommendations for benefit designs and pricing positions.
– Negotiates and fully explains rate development, pricing components, and application of underwriting policies.
– Presents information to employers and brokers in support of business rating practices.
– Utilizes advanced functionality of rating/financial tools, and reference materials.
– Analyzes competitive position on a case specific basis and develops financial comparisons.
– May lead process improvement initiatives and projects.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
– 4+ years of experience in medical underwriting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
– Demonstrated analytical and independent thinking skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
– Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
– Advanced organization skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities
– See Required Qualifications above
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.