*A Snapshot of Your Day*
Siemens Energy has an exciting opportunity to develop and grow a new business function in support of the growing US HVDC market. With the increase in demand for HVDC technology moving forward, we have decided to establish a dedicated team within the US to support the delivery of future projects including a full transient network analysis laboratory for functional and dynamic performance testing.
As the Laboratory Manager you will work with the existing lab manager located in Erlangen, Germany to specify, order and fit-out a new laboratory located in Raleigh. This will include provision and establishment of work instructions, processes and procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the laboratory for future projects delivered from the US. The Laboratory Manager will report to the US Grid Solutions Engineering Manager and will be required to provide laboratory services in line with project and business objectives.
*How You’ll Make an Impact*
* You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the main test laboratory facilities of Siemens Energy. Primary and hands on work will be carried out by you in the Raleigh lab facility and you will coordinate with a lab manager in the Erlangen, Germany facility.
* You will be responsible for ensuring the technical availability of Raleigh lab, testing equipment, and modifications as required to meet requirements of testing criteria.
* You will be responsible for completing site inspections, assess working conditions, identify possible hazards, define appropriate protective measures, select tailor-made work and equipment and coordinating work with others outside your immediate team. You will also delegate this to others as appropriate.
* You will organize, support, and carry out the mechanical and electrical design, testing, commissioning and repair of test configurations and prototypes of HVDC and HVAC control and protection systems.
* You must be willing to work outside of normal work hours if necessary and to coordinate with other colleagues to cover extended work hours during periods of intense activity.
* You will schedule and manage lab configuration in accordance with project schedules managed by the Operations project management team.
* If necessary, support the assembly, commissioning, and service teams on customer sites.
* You will be responsible for the creation of all legally required documentation, operating, and working instructions.
* You will be responsible for designing the instruction and training programs to establish electrically qualified persons. Administrative aspects of this program will be managed by the Siemens Energy Health & Safety organization.
* You must be able and willing to travel, including on short notice, as deemed necessary.
* You must be a self-starter, able and willing to plan your work, and the work of others, to support Siemens Energy business objectives, often without direct oversight by a manager.
*What You Bring *
* You have a BS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent electrotechnical vocational training and experience
* You have 8+ years of practical experience in the low-voltage sector
* Knowledge of control and protection technology used in HVDC and HVAC applications, RTDS systems, simulation and control technology as well as basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Engineering Base are desirable
* You are experienced in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
* Professional reporting as well as strong communication skills are expected
* Willingness and ability to travel between the US, UK, and Germany is required
* You must have a positive attitude and high motivation and enthusiasm for new things
* Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
*About the Team*
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business [https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html](https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html)
*Who is Siemens Energy?*
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
*Our Commitment to Diversity*
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
* Career growth and development opportunities
* Supportive work culture
* Company paid Health and wellness benefits
* Paid Time Off and paid holidays
* 401K savings plan with company match
* Family building benefits
* Parental leave