*A Snapshot of Your Day*
As the US HVDC C&P Manager, you will play a critical role in integrating the state-of-the-art control and protection system for Siemens Energy HVDC projects in the US. We are looking for a passionate, experienced leader to manage a team of software, hardware, and testing & integration engineers. In this role, you will influence the efficiency of design strategies and test systems to meet the customer requirements of the power transmission system.
*How You’ll Make an Impact*
* Manage the overall C&P software and hardware development team from project start up to the final customer acceptance tests ensuring compliance with all relevant system requirements
* Set up and drive consistent requirements engineering throughout the project execution
* Coordinate execution of offsite and on-site acceptance tests
* Track engineering and testing progress and report to management on a regular basis
* Work closely with project management and project leads to create unique value for our customers
* Support tender teams in bid projects by planning and calculation of HVDC C&P scope
*What You Bring *
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical field
* At least 10 years of experience in Control & Protection systems for large industrial converter applications
* Experienced in leading engineering or commissioning teams
* Full professional proficiency in English
* You are actively driving topics and resolving issues by means of stakeholder management
* You approach complex tasks with analytical skills and a structured way of thinking
* You are comfortable in direct communication with customers and internal stakeholders
*About the Team*
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Our US HVDC C&P Team is a dedicated group of experienced professionals at the heart of our HVDC project business. We are guiding our experts from many different disciplines through an end-to-end process taking responsibility for the outcome of each step up to final customer acceptance. Diversity is our strength. No one is an expert in everything. Our C&P team profits from a variety of technical backgrounds and complementing mindsets supported by an open feedback culture. We share an intrinsic drive to continuously challenge and improve ourselves, our team, and our projects to create sustainable value for our customers. Join our team and contribute your own ideas to our cause.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business [https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html](https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html)
*Who is Siemens Energy?*
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
*Our Commitment to Diversity*
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
* Career growth and development opportunities
* Supportive work culture
* Company paid Health and wellness benefits
* Paid Time Off and paid holidays
* 401K savings plan with company match
* Family building benefits
* Parental leave