Summary Role Description
The Director of Client Services is a management team-level position and a mission-critical team member whose successful efforts result in the continuous delivery of business outcomes and results for our clients. This in turn would drive high client retention rates and overall client satisfaction across clients receiving services from our company. This role works closely with practice leaders in the areas of creative, interactive, and RevOps. Additionally, the role will report to the COO and collaborate on managing and refining the delivery of services and client experience.
The Director of Client Services is accountable for all aspects of the client experience, ensuring that it is “remarkable.” This role is solely focused on making sure our clients are happy, they are getting the agreed-upon results, they are renewing, referring, reviewing, and acting as references for our company.
* Leverage experience and analytics to review client performance and support Growth Strategists with suggestions and recommendations on ways to drive business results for our clients.
* Create systems that proactively identify client programs that are at risk for underperformance and then engage with the team to recommend upgrades, updates or changes to deal with underperformance before it becomes a client retention issue.
* Monitor and evolve delivery of client programs to ensure we are servicing clients profitably.
* Work with Strategists and Consultants in building strong agency/client partnerships. Find ways to add additional value and further grow our engagements with clients.
* Collaborate with other practice leads and department directors to ensure team structure and alignment is conducive to delivering great work efficiently, effectively, and profitably.
* Work closely with the Revenue Department by supporting their efforts to give prospects program recommendations, set goals, define success, and provide pricing.
* Work with the traffic function to prioritize projects and client work across the entire agency.
* Mentor direct reports on client service, account management, marketing strategy and execution, and growth of accounts.
* Stay abreast of leading-edge developments in the marketing and sales environment,relay that information to the client services team and promote ongoing learning and development.
* Actively build relationships with senior executives within our clients’ organizations.
* Run the client advocacy program – rhythmically check in with clients on their satisfaction level with services provided and overall experience.
* Collaborate with other practice leaders to align opportunities and cross-sell as needed with Technology and Sales.
* Provide career mapping for direct reports.
* Provide strategic recommendations to the executive team regarding account growth, opportunity, and team development.
* Support colleagues/functional leaders in their efforts to instill cultural imperatives and core values across the teams.
An overall goal of a score of 8 out of 10 and 100% client participation in our tracking of client satisfaction is how we’ll measure this team member’s effectiveness.
* Improved rate of renewals with existing clients
* Increased cross-sell and revenue generated from current clients
* Maintain a high Client Satisfaction Score
* Maintain retention level of team members within the client services team
* Increase of clients willing to be a reference
* Collaborate with the other Directors and Practice Leaders to improve our ability to deliver and service clients so that we drive results and business outcomes
* Recommend enhancements to process and delivery of tactics
Underpinnings of Success
To be successful in this role, the Director of Client Services will be capable of executing on the following expectations.
* Ability to evaluate marketing and sales enablement program performance, provide recommendations or adjustments to improve performance, and optimize results.
* Extensive experience using tools like HubSpot, Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, or other platforms to base your recommendations on data, analytics, and facts instead of opinions or assumptions.
* Experience with a wide range of martech and sales tech offerings to help clients assess, recommend, and plan their implementation, usage, and optimization of these tools.
* Extensive experience managing the dynamics of a professional services organization, with particular emphasis against those encompassing combinations of creative-strategic individuals
* Thorough knowledge of general business, and, more specifically, marketing principles, evolving marketing tactics, performance measurement, and analysis.
* Thorough knowledge and experience aligning marketing and sales and providing clients and prospects with recommendations, advice, and guidance around sales improvements.
* Experience building/managing senior-level relationships.
* Dedication to client advocacy.
* Strength in strategy development and implementation.
* Experience in change management initiatives.
* Passionate about helping business leaders, marketing professionals and sales execs.
* Collaborative, team player.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communicator, both in written and verbal channels.
* Highly organized, strong manager of time and workflow.