MILWAUKEE — All Elite Wrestling (AEW) taped matches for two of its programs from Milwaukee Wednesday night, Aug. 25. The tapings were for Friday’s Rampage and Monday’s Dark: Elevation broadcasts.
AEW Rampage card
The following occurred during the Rampage broadcast, as previously reported by Wrestling INC.:
In the finals of the Tag Team Eliminator Tournament, the Lucha Brothers took on Jurassic Express.
[spoiler]Lucha Brothers defeated Jurassic Express in the matchup. After the match, the Young Bucks attacked Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix, while Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus made the save. The duo will take on the Young Bucks in a steel cage match for the AEW World Tag Team Championship at All Out in Chicago.[/spoiler]
In the women’s division, The Bunny took on Dark Order’s Tay Conti.
[spoiler]The match ended with a disqualification finish, with The Bunny winning off interference by Penelope Ford. It is not certain if there will be another match in spite of this finish.[/spoiler]
The final match of the show has Impact World Champion Christian Cage and Frankie Kazarian team up. Both took on AEW World Champion Kenny Omega and Brandon Cutler.
[spoiler]Cage and Kazarian defeat Omega and Cutler. Near the end of the match, Omega left the match. This allowed Cage to secure the pinfall on Cutler. Cage takes on Omega for the AEW World Championship at All Out in Chicago.[/spoiler]
Other Rampage events
Other events from Rampage include:
- Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo receiving an AEW championship belt before sitting in the front row.
- An interview by Tony Schiavone with TNT Champion Miro. Miro assaulted Fuego Del Sol until Eddie Kingston stormed in for the save.
- A brief recap of last week’s broadcast, which saw CM Punk’s return to professional wrestling after a seven-year hiatus.
- A sneak preview of next week’s Dynamite, which includes the long-awaited rematch between Proud ‘n’ Powerful and FTR.
Rampage was taped following Wednesday’s Dynamite broadcast. The show airs Friday night at 10 p.m. Eastern/9 p.m. Central on TNT.
Preview of Dark: Elevation card
F4WOnline has reported spoilers for Monday’s Elevation broadcast on YouTube.
The nine-match card features Thunder Rosa in action against Laynie Luck. Nyla Rose, Hikaru Shida, and Sammy Guevara are also in action. The show was filmed prior to Dynamite.
Additionally, Eddie Kingston joins the commentary booth for this broadcast.
The full list of spoilers are included below:
- Daniel Garcia returns to action against local wrestler Tyler Sullivan. Garcia defeats Sullivan.
- Jora Johl (with Matt Hardy) was in action against Kal Herro. Johl defeats Herro.
- Emi Sakura returns to action with Lulu Pencil at ringside. Sakura defeats Ashley D’Amboise.
- Rose teams up with Diamante against Big Swole and Varsity Blondes’ Julia Hart. Rose/Diamante defeats Swole/Hart.
- In their singles matches, Dante Martin and Thunder Rosa defeated Adam Grace and Luck respectively.
- Hook and Will Hobbs joined the commentary booth. Brian Cage is in action against Anthony Bowens. Cage defeats Bowens.
- Also in the women’s division, Hikaru Shida had a solid victory against Heather Reckless.
- In the main event, Guevara and Fuego Del Sol defeated Chaos Project (Luther and Serpentico).
For more sports news, follow Jake Leonard on Twitter @JakeLeonardWPMD and Heartland Newsfeed @HLNF_Bulletin on Twitter.
Additionally, you can follow Heartland Newsfeed on Facebook and Reddit among other platforms. You can now follow our news updates on Telegram, Flote, and MeWe.
Support independent journalism. Become a patron on Patreon for as little as $1 a month. There are other donor options as well.
Jake Leonard, a broadcast media and journalism veteran, is the editor-in-chief of Heartland Newsfeed. Leonard is also GM and program director of Heartland Newsfeed Radio Network, wrestling editor and contributing writer for Ambush Sports, a contributing writer for My Sports Vote and Midwest Sports Network, and a former contributor to Bleacher Report and Overtime Heroics. He resides at home in Nokomis, Ill. with his dog Buster.
Discussion about this post