- The minutes from the June meeting were approved.
- Gonet mentioned that the property owned by John Carpenter appears to be abandoned with a van partially parked on the street with unlicensed vehicles in the driveway. The condition of the house and yard have been found to present serious health and safety issues to neighboring residents and the board will be in contact with the Carpenters for issue resolution.
- The water report and bills for June were approved.
- Jachino noted that the audit reports from Patton and Company were nearly ready. The treasurer report was also approved.
- A request for a building permit was presented by trustee Mike Havera via request from Don and Julie Sisk, noting the request is for an in-ground pool. The permit was approved.
- Additionally noted was a conversation between Havera and Sisk regarding the demolition of the house on the former Battles property located on Fairmount Street then paying cash for the remaining asking price, in which the board agreed with the proposal and will put the terms into a contract that both parties can agree to.
- Trustee Rod Eller reported that the new signs for the village park were nearly ready for pickup.
Jake Leonard, a broadcast media and journalism veteran, is the editor-in-chief of Heartland Newsfeed. Leonard is also GM and program director of Heartland Newsfeed Radio Network, wrestling editor and contributing writer for Ambush Sports, a contributing writer for My Sports Vote and Midwest Sports Network, and a former contributor to Bleacher Report and Overtime Heroics. He resides at home in Nokomis, Ill. with his dog Buster.