- Boost your burgers. Take burgers to the next level this summer with your favorite ground meats such as turkey, chicken and beef. Then layer on the toppings like avocado, kale, gourmet cheeses and more.
- Change up your take on cheesy. Top your burger with a blue cheese mousse by simply blending blue cheese crumbles and cream cheese then season it with your favorite spices.
- Spice up your condiments. Combine mayonnaise with fresh orange juice and fresh orange zest to make a citrus aioli or whip up a special sauce by mixing peanut butter with oil and hot water. Sprinkle with bacon for some extra flavor. Toppings such as a pickled red onion can also add a bit of crunch and zest.
- Bite better buns. Forgo traditional burger buns and bookend your masterpiece with brioche buns or pretzel rolls.
Six-Mile High Burger Recipe courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon Carlini Vegetable Oil
- 10 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 pieces Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon
- 8 Season’s Choice Whole Onion Rings
- 4 All Natural 80% Lean Ground Beef Patties
- 8 slices Happy Farms Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Burman’s Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Burman’s Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Iodized Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
- 4 L’oven Fresh Hamburger Buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half width-wise
Jake Leonard, a broadcast media and journalism veteran, is the editor-in-chief of Heartland Newsfeed. Leonard is also GM and program director of Heartland Newsfeed Radio Network, wrestling editor and contributing writer for Ambush Sports, a contributing writer for My Sports Vote and Midwest Sports Network, and a former contributor to Bleacher Report and Overtime Heroics. He resides at home in Nokomis, Ill. with his dog Buster.