- Chantel J. Guyot, 20, of Coalton was cited with multiple ordinance violations at 238 Bertolino Ave. A dog owned by Guyot was running at large around the village on September 18 and had allegedly behaved in a vicious manner, biting an unindentified individual. Guyot received ordinance violations for the dog running at large, behaving in a vicious manner, biting someone and not in possession of a rabies tag.
- Daniel K. Emerson, 32, of Nokomis was cited with disobeying a stop sign at the intersection of E. State and Spruce streets on September 19.
- Bobby L. Purgerson, 58, and Geoffrey D. Wagner, 32, both of Nokomis, were cited with violation of a civil no contact order at 102 N. Oak St. in Nokomis on September 20.
- John E. McMillian, 30, of Nokomis was cited for disobeying a stop sign at Nokomis High School at Oberle St. on September 20. McMillian was also cited with operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving on a suspended/revoked driver’s license.
- Alvin D. Barnes, 79, of Nokomis was cited for littering from a motor vehicle at the intersection of E. State and Spruce streets on September 20.
- Randy S. Dulceak, 47, of Nokomis was cited for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle at the intersection of W. Front and Spruce streets on September 24.
Jake Leonard, a broadcast media and journalism veteran, is the editor-in-chief of Heartland Newsfeed. Leonard is also GM and program director of Heartland Newsfeed Radio Network, wrestling editor and contributing writer for Ambush Sports, a contributing writer for My Sports Vote and Midwest Sports Network, and a former contributor to Bleacher Report and Overtime Heroics. He resides at home in Nokomis, Ill. with his dog Buster.