CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 90,000 members strong. Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
CGI Federal is seeking to hire a Technical Writer to translate highly technical data and information into simplistic, grade school language for end users of complex IT systems and projects.
We’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers. Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you’re looking for an inclusive place where you’re empowered to chart your own path, then we’d love to meet you.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As a Technical Writer, you will take highly technical documentation, data, and information and transform it into simple language for system end users to comprehend.
• Responsibilities include:
• Use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools.
• Gather and convert data into a written narrative.
• Liaise with technical team members to comprehend the technical nuances of a system or application.
• Write, edit and deliver a broad range of written materials (e.g., end user documentation, brochures, fact sheets, scripts, presentations).
• Establish and comply with industry standard style guides for various written documentation.
• Develop and deliver client-ready materials for end users and stakeholders.
• Develop content in compliance with AP style and other guidelines.
• Review outreach material for stylistic and formatting consistency.
• Review and edit content developed by other members of the team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• 1+ years of preparing strategic communications (i.e. Press Releases) experience required.
• Associate’s degree or 2 year technical school in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering/technical discipline required.
oOr, 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• Experience preparing technical system documentation and end user documentation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience working in a client-facing consultative role preferred.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $44,000 – $91,700.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.