* Snapshot of Your Day*
As the Sub-PM HVDC C&P, you will lead a team of HVDC engineering specialists and play a critical role in integrating the state-of-the-art control and protection system for Siemens Energy HVDC projects in the US. We are looking for a passionate, experienced engineer to lead a team of software, hardware, and testing & integration engineers. In this role, you will be required to manage engineering work packages in line with project and business objectives.
*How You’ll Make an Impact*
* Responsibility for the preparation of offers and project management of control technology and protection systems (Control & Protection) for high-voltage direct current transmission systems (HVDC) regarding deadlines, costs, and quality
* Technical management of the C&P offer / order processing team as well as close coordination with project management, project leads and experts from the fields of study preparation, software, and hardware engineering as well as test planning and implementation
* Responsibility for planning, monitoring, and controlling the offer / order processing including technical conception, scope of delivery, scheduling / resource planning, costing, calculation, quality control as well as management of opportunities and risks
* Responsible for subcontracting work packages
* Responsible for reporting, information management, revision control, and order completion as well as implementation of process and design reviews of the overall HVDC C&P software and hardware development project from start up to the final customer acceptance tests ensuring compliance with all relevant system requirements
* Set up and drive consistent requirements engineering throughout the project execution
* Coordinate execution of offsite and on-site acceptance tests
* Track engineering and testing progress and report to management on a regular basis
* Work closely with project management and project leads to create unique value for our customers
* Support tender teams in bid projects by planning and calculation of HVDC C&P scope
*What You Bring *
* Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other relevant technical field
* At least 10 years of experience in Control & Protection systems for large industrial converter applications as well as experience in project management or project engineering
* Technically knowledgeable in the areas of converter technology, high voltage systems and control technology
* Knowledge of HVDC technology and plant engineering are ideal
* Extensive knowledge in dealing with MS Office applications and project management tools
* Business fluent communication in English
* Intercultural business experience is preferred
* Ability to travel up to 30%
*About the Team*
Our *Grid Technology* division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Our *US HVDC C&P Team* is a dedicated group of experienced professionals at the heart of our HVDC project business. We are guiding our experts from many different disciplines through an end-to-end process taking responsibility for the outcome of each step up to final customer acceptance. Diversity is our strength. No one is an expert in everything. Our C&P team profits from a variety of technical backgrounds and complementing mindsets supported by an open feedback culture. We share an intrinsic drive to continuously challenge and improve ourselves, our team, and our projects to create sustainable value for our customers. Join our team and contribute your own ideas to our cause.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business [https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html](https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html)
*Who is Siemens Energy?*
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
*Our Commitment to Diversity*
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
* Career growth and development opportunities
* Supportive work culture
* Company paid Health and wellness benefits
* Paid Time Off and paid holidays
* 401K savings plan with company match
* Family building benefits
* Parental leave