Hybrid (New York, NY, USA)
Major League Baseball
Major League Baseball is looking for Senior Engineers that are passionate about pushing the boundaries of game technology. Senior Engineers are developing new systems and gameplay for our baseball software products. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment with a great deal of autonomy.
- The Senior Engineer manages, designs, implements, debugs, and documents new game systems and tools, primarily in Unity
- Must create high quality, high performance code
- Follow coding standards and best practices
- Work cohesively with a team of engineers, artists and designers
- Extrapolate tasks from game design documents, feature stories, conversations, and requirements
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and work within those constraints
- 5+ years of experience developing 3D applications for mobile, or for the current generation of gaming platforms (PS4/5, XB1/S/X, Switch, PC)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing applications using C#
- Extensive track record with Unity game engine, especially optimization, efficient use of resources, and debugging
- Working knowledge of 3D math
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Detail-oriented approach to planning, execution, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate successfully with peers from diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced and agile organization
- Preferred to have released at least one game on a recent-generation game console
Preferred, but not required:
- Passion for creating great games
- Previous experience developing backend systems is a plus
- Previous experience leading a team is a plus
- Love of baseball and baseball games is a big plus
We truly believe we offer a unique combination of opportunities for any game developer:
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of game developers in NYC
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing benefits including – 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!