Hybrid (Copenhagen, Denmark)
A passion for fantasy worlds has long been ingrained in our studio, and at last we can announce we have embarked on a journey into that beloved realm. With a party of veteran IOI guild members and new wizards and sorceresses of the industry, we are building an ambitious new IP for console and PC that will revolutionize the online fantasy RPG genre. If you share a similar passion for creating welcoming, heartfelt, bold and impactful worlds, join us and together we will write the next chapter in IOI’s history.
Game design is full of possibilities in an RPG fantasy universe. Imagine the exciting, new experiences you can give the players that immerse them in this world. As a Senior Game Designer on our project, you will get to craft quests and gameplay experiences that will enable the players to create their own story.
What you will do:
- Design quests/missions that are highly engaging both narratively and from a gameplay perspective.
- Work with emergent experiences that are highly systemic and flexible but feel meaningful and handcrafted in terms of production value.
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to design and develop systems that support the director’s vision.
- Create detailed design documents and presentation material for product stakeholders and maintain them for the duration of project development.
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations
Who you are:
- Have demonstrable implementation and scripting skills honed through at least 1 shipped game (ideally AAA) in a game designer role.
- Have demonstrable vision, paper-design and communication skills.
- Have a good eye for process and collaboration and the will to step forward to drive a group of cross-disciplinary people.
- As a person you are approachable and bring passion and a pragmatic approach to handling complex and sometimes overwhelming challenges.
Who we are:
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona. As the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform video games in the last decade, we are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences – all powered by our award-winning, proprietary Glacier technology.
We know that to achieve those goals, we need courage, talented people and a great working environment – and we do our utmost to have all of that. Across our multiple studios, we’re working on several projects. Crucially though, we’re all one team. We value the work and impact that each person brings to the table and we actively encourage new ideas, whilst listening to your insights along the way.
We have a dedicated team of People Managers, who look after you as an individual and as an employee. With more than 40 nationalities, we know that everyone is different and we are proud to have a reputation for being a friendly workplace with highly-talent people.