– Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for new and/or renewal of large group contracts and accountings at a starting level.
– Assigned cases/book of business will include multiple product types, funding arrangements and/or rating methodologies.
– Prepares and delivers complex, high profile new business quotes and/or existing business renewals.
– Collaborates with field sales and account management on complex or high profile cases.
– Presents information to employers, brokers and consultants.
– Independently reviews work for accuracy, identifies risks and makes recommendations to manage risk while growing or retaining membership.
– Utilizes advanced functionality of underwriting tools, systems, and reference materials to produce accurate quotes and/or renewals.
– Applies underwriting guidelines, negotiates financials and grants underwriting exceptions/financial variances for their assigned cases within the authority limit for the position.
– Escalates exceptions outside authority limit to manager.
– Produces timely and accurate customer specific documents, deliverables and account related information.
– Ensure the pricing supports the quote/renewal strategy.
– Peer review others work for accuracy.
– Assists department with projects or workgroups. Identifies and may lead process improvement through automation or process change.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
– 1-4 years experience in healthcare (voluntary, dental, vision, life, medical) underwriting/accounting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
– Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
– Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills.
– Demonstrated success in collaborating with others to meet/exceed expectations.
– Experience providing clear and concise written and verbal communications.
– Experience working with standard Microsoft Office product with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
– Experience working with Majesco.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.