You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
An exciting opportunity has opened up within the Navigators Re for a Reinsurance Specialist. Navigators Re supports over $600m of premium across a number of niche lines worldwide. The team has a strong desire to expand the breadth and depth of its Reinsurance portfolio with ambitions to grow its capabilities in the marketplace.
This position provides key support to NavRe underwriting. Serving as a key resource and point of contact for Brokers, Underwriters as well as accounting and claims.
The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates a developing understanding of Underwriting, contract management and client relationships. In addition, he/she should be proactive, a good communicator and have the ability to multi task with structure.
This position can be worked remotely from anywhere in the US.
- Data Entry: Ensure that the treaties/programs are properly entered into the Underwriting system and corresponding metrics of each program (premiums, commissions, etc.) are correctly recorded.
- Documentation: Ensure that all documentation associated with the portfolio is properly stored / managed in our company systems.
- Support: Provide support to the underwriters during the renewal season by pre-populating the pricing models, securing additional market information from third party vendors, reviewing contracts and be a liaison between the underwriters and the accounting, claims and actuarial team for relative account information/documentation. Provide reports from various systems to confirm data entry and summary of monthly entries.
- Clients: works to ensure that documentation is completed and provided to clients in a timely manner.
- Fluent in English, bilingual in Spanish with the ability to read and write in both Spanish and English is a plus
- Ability to work on various Microsoft applications
- Insurance experience and knowledge desired
- Strong analytical thinker and thorough attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$47,200 – $70,800
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
Account Specialist – OC09AN