Requisition ID: R10099165
Category: Information Technology
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security has an opening for a well-qualified Principal Linux Systems Administrator to join our qualified, diverse, and dynamic team of technical professionals. This position is located in the Rolling Meadows, IL area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
· Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator supporting multiple classified programs
· Managing and maintaining secure operations of Linux servers and workstations with minimal impact to engineering stakeholders
· Supporting both physical and virtual Linux hosts
· Installing, hardening, and patching Linux operating systems
· Able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems and mount file systems in Linux environments
· Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments
· Effectively perform basic job functions with minimal management oversight
· Clearly communicate and coordinate with stakeholders (end users, security, and management)
· Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
· Install, configure, and maintain COTS software in Linux environments
· Conform to security mandated approval and configuration management processes (Change Control Boards, Security Impact Analysis)
· Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
· Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of Linux Administrator related experience OR 9 years of Linux Administrator related experience in lieu of degree.
· Must have experience managing Linux server environments (including RedHat and CentOS)
· Must have a current Security + CE (or higher) certification or ability to get one in 6 months
· Must have the ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
· Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher within a reasonable period of time, not to exceed 180 working days after accepting job offer, as a condition of continued employment.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in IS related field
· Active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance
· Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration certification(s)
· Solid understanding of remediating Linux security vulnerabilities
· Experience integrating Linux operating systems into Windows Active Directory
· Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configurations
· Experience building custom “rpm” software packages for Red Hat platforms
· Solid understanding of Enterprise storage concepts to include all commonly used RAID levels
· DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
Salary Range: $90,600 USD – $136,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.