Nesco Resource is looking for two (2) Press Operators for a client in the Albany/Troy/Cohoes, NY area. These are temp-to-perm positions, with a growing company. Our client offers ESOP; after you’re vested, you’ll have ownership in the company. These are 2 nd shift positions from 3 pm to 1 am, Monday through Thursday. Overtime is available.
The Press Operator is responsible for the printing of customers’ labels. The Press Operator will be required to maintain the press and printing equipment during the printing process, and their duties may include cleaning the press and all associated parts, changing tooling and gears, inking, lubricating, and maintaining stations, and completing all necessary paperwork and forms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates press and printing equipment as directed by supervisor or cell leader (shift lead). Maintains accurate and timely production and quality records
- Monitors press output and visually inspects product for defects and quality issues
- Loads and unloads paper rolls, mount and shaft rolls, maintain correct ink levels, colors and chemistry. Make necessary adjustments to ensure proper registration and maintain strict quality performance
- Maintains all materials, tools, and supplies in a clean and orderly manner and follow all safety, sanitation and product safety procedures and policies
- Operates all features of press functions
- Other duties as assigned
- printing press experience
- Ability to identify issues/problems, evaluate options and implement solutions
- Knowledge of machines, tools, and computers, including design, use, repairs and maintenance
- Ability to understand mathematical applications, ex. measurement, logic, etc.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of professions and personalities
- Good command of the English language; ability to effectively read and write
- Good analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up 50-60 pounds and push/roll 300 800 pounds with pallet jack
- Good manual dexterity for cutting, grasping, guiding, pressing, pulling, pushing, rolling, typing, turning knobs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces and reach, twist, bend and stretch when required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and acute depth perception
- Ability to decipher colors
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening, including drug testing
2 nd shift
3 pm to 1 am
Monday thru Thursday
$20 to $24 depending on experience.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.