Maintenance Technician – ALB01770 Description
This Full-time position is located in Albany, New York; however please expect receiving calls from a 952-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Shift available: 2nd Shift
At Cargill Feed and Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as welding, pipe fitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Modify or build equipment by reading and comprehending schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts with advance notice.
- Experience with industrial maintenance, electrical and/or operations
What Will Put You Ahead:
- High school diploma/GED or two-year equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, hydraulic and pneumatic.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location : US-NY-Albany
Schedule : Full-time
Hourly Wage : $22
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, customer service, equipment, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, malfunction, repair, troubleshoot