*A Snapshot of Your Day (position overview)*
Under the general direction of the OperationsManager, operates and directs the operation of the facility. Directs the plant Operationsand Maintenance Technicians (OMT’s) in their daily activities and ensures theirsafety and productivity. Ensure by your own actions or by your direction ofother’s actions that all environmental and safety regulations are met. Control,monitor, start, stop, regulate, evaluate and perform routine maintenance forfacility and support systems.
The primary responsibility of this position isto conduct operations safely, reliably and efficiently in full compliance withall applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Analyze data and /perform root cause analysisof equipment/system failures to formulate corrective actions.
*How You’ll Make an Impact (responsibilities)*
* Evaluatesplant status and adjusts plant processes as necessary to maintain efficientoperation.
* Takesaction using Lock –Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) program when needed and responsibilityfor LOTO administration. Maintains/assigns hot work and confined space permitnumbers.
* Maintainsdetailed records and logs, prepares daily reports and submits maintenance workrequests. Informs O&M Manager of plant status and abnormal conditions.Assists in developing and revising operating procedures and assists indeveloping work lists for maintenance on a daily/weekly basis. Accountable tocommunicate plant conditions to the OMT’s and directs them to maintain optimumplant performance.
* Advisesand directs operations on proper operating procedures. Responds quickly andappropriately to plant upsets and trip conditions. Receives instruction toprepare for advancement. Increases knowledge through seminars and self-study.May be asked to fill in for the O&M manager at times, be willing toparticipate in supervisor training, meeting attendance and willingness tomaintain confidentiality on issues when required.
* Responsiblefor plant housekeeping and maintains plant cleanliness
* Followsall safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates intraining.
* Followsall company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes theCompany’s values and positively effects morale.
* Assistsin training OMT’s and that have not completed their qualifications or as acontinuing education basis.
* Preparesmaterial and leads system or procedures training for peers and other personnel.
* Other duties as assigned.
*What You Bring (requirements)*
* Highschooldiploma required. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in power plant operatorfunctions. Experienced in power plant control room and auxiliary functions.
* Mustdemonstrate knowledge of all facts of power plant operations, includingmaintenance functions to control room, operating procedures, system operatingorders, and clearance procedures.
* Good communication skills. Ability tounderstand P&ID’s. Ability to operate valves, switches, controls,keyboards, and other power plant equipment. Ability to plan and direct the workof others.
* Must beable to speak, read, write, and understand English.
* Proficientcomputer usage including Word, Excel, Outlook and any other applicable application.
* Abilityto work scheduled hours, overtime both scheduled and unscheduled, on days ofrelief and beyond regular work schedule. Ability to perform shift work,including holidays, nights and weekends.
* An Ohio StateStationary Engineers License is required before Control Room Operator positioncan be obtained
*About the Team *
*Gas Services *
Our GasServices division offers Low-emission power generation through service anddecarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbinesunder one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunitiesthrough service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out thisvideo to learn more about our Gas Service business [https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html](https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html)
What’s it like to workat Siemens Energy?
*Who is Siemens Energy?*
At Siemens Energy, weare more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energydemand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With morethan 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16%of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protectpeople and the environment.
Our global team iscommitted to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality bypushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy ofinnovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus ondecarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
*Our Commitmentto Diversity*
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power.We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnicbackground, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energizesociety, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
* Careergrowth and development opportunities
* Supportivework culture
* Companypaid Health and wellness benefits
* Paid TimeOff and paid holidays
* 401Ksavings plan with company match
* Familybuilding benefits
* XXX – Manager can add additionalbenefits