The big picture: Axios is a thriving, fast-growing media organization dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news in an audience-first format. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business, and other major topics in the most efficient and shareable ways using our original Smart Brevity format. We’re offering the position of Editorial Illustration Intern to an early-career illustrator-designer who is eager to make great work and learn more about the editorial world.
At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of readers’ time, attention, and trust.
Why you matter: You believe that the truth matters now more than ever and the idea of joining a high-growth media organization excites you! You place value in working with smart, ambitious colleagues in an environment where you will learn invaluable skills to carry with you. You are early in your illustration and design career, and you’re eager to learn more in an internship where you’ll have the opportunity to build a portfolio of strong, professional-level work.
The details: Our Editorial Illustration Intern will work closely with our illustrators to shape the visual look of Axios on a day-to-day basis, using editorial illustration and photo judgment, as well as collaborate on a large-scale enterprise project with the illustration team.
- You exhibit strong attention to detail
- You possess exceptional communication skills
- You have a wildly collaborative spirit
- You have a strong interest in Axios and our unique style
- You enjoy conceptual visual problem solving
- You are interested in journalism, news and factual reporting
- 10-week paid program beginning in June
- Mentorship and Lunch & Learns with Axios Executives
- We are seeking interns for our Communications, Talent Acquisition, Events, Editorial Illustration, Editorial, Brand Design, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Learning & Development and Production teams
Pay rate for this role is $17/hr and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.