The Cordish Companies
The exclusive lifestyle amenities created by Cordish Living are designed to elevate downtown living.
Matched with expertly curated concierge services and the hospitality of the Cordish Living team in
addition to VIP access to exclusive events and venues at your doorstep, the result is a signature living experience just for you.
The Director of Residential Marketing is the leader of our marketing division, responsible for brand
management, implementation of promotional and partnership initiatives to drive occupancy and
revenue growth for communities. Conducts all business in accordance with Company policies and
procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
• Oversee all national and local marketing, communications, public relations, and promotion
activities for the residential division of The Cordish Companies, including development of
branding and collateral, leasing-related marketing communications, and social and digital
• Develop and ensure all community initiatives, materials, communication, and appearance
meets Company brand standards.
• Develop and implement strategic marketing plans for each property to obtain market share
and occupancy goals.
• Manage agencies to oversee development and production of digital advertising, website
development and hosting, signage, and collateral materials to support sales and marketing
• Oversee social media content strategy, engagement and conversion.
• Oversee the development of brand story, brand identity, and marketing collateral for all new
developments including logo, brand guidelines, renderings, professional photography,
website design and development, sitemap, marketing brochure, floor plan handouts, leasing
graphics, email templates, digital and print ads, construction fence, etc.
• Complete regular and consistent audits of property online presence including but not limited
to property websites, search engine keywords, and competitor ads.
• Oversee all public relations related initiatives and manage agency relationships in the
development of press releases and media events, new development events including
groundbreaking, topping out and grand opening, media interviews and the ongoing
promotional activities for residential.
• Review and approve resident communication initiatives through various channels.
• Oversee brand reputation and manage responses to reviews and surveys.
• Maintains consistent communication with Property Management teams to evaluate results of
• Oversee all outreach marketing to prospects and the community at large including prospect
newsletters and events, preferred employers and perks partner program.
Controls and Processes
• Oversee the reporting and tracking of data related to digital advertising, social media and
• Analyze and track results of promotional initiatives and implement new strategies and
solutions as needed.
• Develop new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of market trends, emerging trends, and updated technology to
maximize the profitability of communities.
• Prepare and manage an annual budget for each community and new development.
• Communicate and hold team members accountable to ensuring budgets are achieved.
• Review and provide support in analyzing monthly budget variances.
• Assist in providing corrective action plan for expenditures not meeting budget.
• Motivates and inspires the professional growth of marketing team members through
leadership and training.
• Recruit, hire, and train all team members in the marketing department.
• Support and mentor marketing team members.
• Set and maintain the highest standard of excellence amongst team.
• Establish annual goals and objectives for promotional initiatives and assign workflows as
• Conduct weekly team meetings to ensure proficiency across all departments.
• Participate in the local apartment association, Company activities, and community networking
• Complete Company required continuing education and training courses.
• Develop positive and professional relationships with emerging brands, industry stakeholders,
and promotional partners in appropriate markets.
• Acts as a liaison to ownership reporting promotional efforts, partnerships and outreach
• Maintains resident confidentiality in adherence to all federal and local laws.
• Uphold the Company standards of professional appearance for all team members.
• Flexibility in schedule which may include nights and weekends and travel to various markets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Possess a broad understanding of marketing projects ranging from branding work, campaign
development, production projects and digital initiatives to reporting and strategy
• Strong understanding of marketing industry trends, issues and emerging technology.
• Experience in the development and management of marketing, advertising, lead generation,
and lead nurturing initiatives.
• Specialized knowledge of digital strategies for optimum property and portfolio performance,
including best practices for websites, ILS’, Craigslist, SEO, SEM and digital data aggregates.
• Outstanding presentation skills to deliver to clients, on-site teams and other audiences.
• The ability to prioritize tasks and process information quickly.
• Good working knowledge of all office equipment.
• Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgment.
• Strong attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion.
• Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
• The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent
projects and deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft office,
including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook. Excellent word processing and file
• Proficient with industry property management software, Entrata preferred.