. POSITION PURPOSE
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for building successful fundraising and communications strategies across the organization. This role oversees individual giving, institutional funding and governmental funding programs and ensures effective communication across all channels. Reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED) and as a member of the Leadership Team, they will be responsible for planning, execution, and evaluation of fund development for the organization. This role sets the visions for the messaging of the organization as it reaches funders, partners, and key stakeholders within our service delivery footprint and beyond. This role will also be the chief liaison to the Development Committee and work closely with the Board of Directors and staff, while also managing staff responsible for institutional grants and individual giving. The DD will also serve as one of the organizations external facing individuals, with a special focus on funding relationships and opportunities.
We anticipate a salary range of $70,000 – $90,000 annually. Clarifi values fair, equitable experiences for team members. Our compensation philosophy reflects this as we review your experience, skills, internal equity, market equity, and more to pin-point a final salary prior to an offer. Clarifi also offers a generous benefits package – please see details at the bottom of this advertisement.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Lead the development and execution of fundraising strategies, evaluate current efforts while building new strategies for continued growth
* Establish, nurture, and maintain positive external relationships with individuals, businesses, volunteer groups and community-based organizations that support Clarifi
* Create and evaluate strategies required to support the growth of the individual giving program in stakeholder volume and annual revenue
* Build, nurture and expand corporate and foundation relationships to increase programmatic and unrestricted support of the organization
* Lead the development of engagement events that expand and enrich the donor network and increase annual revenue for the individual giving program
* Ensure that development activities leverage a data driven approach, ensuring accurate tracking of activities and developing the data infrastructure of the SalesForce CRM to improve future efforts
* Nurture a culture of evaluation by measuring and reporting on agency impact, tracking revenue and fundraising trends, and predicting future opportunities for growth.
* Ensure that fundraising strategies and approaches include opportunities to expand the organization’s visibility among a wide cross-section of potential supporters.
* Lead the development and execution communication strategies that define the brand and vision of the organization
* Represent the organization to external audiences including funders, journalists and community partners
* Build and execute the annual communications plan
* Evaluate the effectiveness of current strategies and build new approaches to meet the needs of key stakeholders
* Manage the communication around emergent issues or crises as needed
* Manage the communications manager and collaborate across the organization to effectively fulfill communications strategies
Leadership and Supervision
* Collaborate with the Leadership Team to identify organizational strategies and solutions to ongoing challenges and opportunities.
* Lead the development team and directly supervise individual giving and institutional funding program leaders.
* Mentor and supervise direct reports, assessing areas of success and developing paths to improvement to ensure department execution and professional development.
* Support the continued development of an organizational culture of accountability and philanthropy
Board and Committee
* Oversee board development activities that enhance board members’ ability to serve as ambassadors of the organization.
* Develop and implement strategies to drive board member engagement, contributions and board member solicitations from their respective networks
* Leverage the Board’s Development Committee and Young Professionals Advisory Board to advance development efforts
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* 8+ years of fundraising and communications experience
* 3+ years of supervision experience
* Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience
* Excellent writing and public speaking skills
* Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
* Availability to work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
* Strong networking, community engagement and relationship building skills
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
* Deep passion for mission that drives accountability to fulfilling Clarifi’s mission
* Ability to lead others in building a culture of philanthropy and service
* A team player – comfortable working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
* Ability to meet deadlines, strength in attention to detail
* Creative approaches to achieving their goals
* Effective in motivating others to act in support of the bigger goals
* Strategic planner, diligent executor of plans developed
* Extremely effective verbal and written communication skills required, must be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
* Attention to detail, must be able to interpret and develop responses to complicated questions from external stakeholders
* Action oriented. Should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
* This position initiates, maintains and develops relationships with individuals and organizations that impact our revenue goals and therefore clear, consistent communication is critical. This role must influence decision makers in organizations to fund our projects and programs therefore the highest level of influence is required in all communication channels.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This role requires both typical hours in the office and evening or weekend hours periodically (2-3 times monthly) and some travel (2-3 times annually) for meetings and conferences that advance the organizations objectives.
Perks of Working for Clarifi
What will you get out of working at GreenPath and Clarif? In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, vision and dental plans ), here are some of the additional perks our employees enjoy:
* We all need some “me time” every once in a while. All full-time employees receive 19 paid days off during their first year of employment, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year. Use it for a fabulous vacation, to play nurse (or patient) at home, or sit on your couch watching DIY marathons on HGTV all day. We don’t care – it’s your time. Enjoy.
* Need some additional time to focus on preventative care? GreenPath provides all employees with additional Preventative Care Time Off to encourage all employees to be proactive about their physical wellness.
* Saving for Retirement ? GreenPath employees can start contributing to a 403b right away! After one year of employment we make a monthly contribution to eligible employee’s Retirement Account equivalent to 5% of their gross compensation.
* Need to reduce your student loan debt ? GreenPath is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, which means that you may be able to have a portion of your federal student loans forgiven after meeting certain eligibility requirements of the PSLF program.
* Planning on growing your family? GreenPath offers paid Maternity and Paternity benefits.
* Continuous learners can get their classroom fix in a couple of different ways. GP team members are eligible for up to $2,500 in tuition reimbursement per year. In addition, GP team members can attend courses through Invest in Yourself, an in-house educational program offering training classes on a variety of topics ranging from Cash Flow Planning to Microsoft Excel to Stress Management.
GreenPath Financial Wellness reserves the right to change this description at any time. GreenPath Financial Wellness practices the concept of equal employment opportunity with respect to hiring, promotions, transfers, pay, discipline, fringe benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. No individual will be discriminated against, and no employment decisions will be made, on the basis of an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, height, weight or citizenship.